When Selecting a Home Inspection Company, a buyer should ask several questions including but not limited to:
1. May I see a copy of your inspection report?
Absolutely – There are sample reports on our website. Click Here to view sample Reports
2. How long does an inspection take?
The home inspection will take 2 to 4 hours depending on the size of the house.
3. How long have you been in business?
Clear Creek Inspections was started in February 2009.
4. What is your background?
As a young person, Blake worked for his Father’s commercial drywall and acoustic ceiling company. He began helping to deliver sheetrock to job sites at the age of 12 and began framing, hanging drywall and installing acoustic ceilings at the age of 16. After graduating from the University of Oklahoma, Mr. Williams worked as a Private Country Club Manager and was one of the youngest Private Club General Managers in the nation at the age of 25. After 9 years in Club Management, he joined his Father in the home inspection and pest control business in 1998. All these experience make Mr. Williams uniquely qualified as a home inspector. Construction Background, Facilities Management, Customer Service, and Termite Expert.
5. Are you a full time Inspector?
Blake has been inspecting homes full time since 2006 and part time prior to that while managing his father’s pest control business.
7. How much do you charge?
Prices are based on the square footage, age of the house, and type of systems in the house.
8. What will the inspection cover?
Our inspectors will cover the major systems of the home including structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, appliances and various optional systems. In addition, our inspectors are licensed through our affiliate company, Service 1st Pest and Lawn to inspect for wood destroying insects including termites and carpenter ants. The building inspections must be done in compliance with the Standards of Practice as promulgated by the Texas Real Estate Commission. Wood Destroying Insect inspections must be conducted in compliance with the requirements of the Texas Structural Pest Control Board.
9. What kind of report will I receive?
Reports are computer generated with digital pictures. Reports are delivered via email with 24 hours of the inspection. Click Here to view sample Reports
10. May I attend and ask questions?
Absolutely – Clients are encouraged to attend the inspection and ask questions so the conditions reported are thoroughly understood.
11. Are you a member of a Professional Association?
We are proud members of:
- Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors
- International Association of Certified Home Inspectors
- GDWCAR – Greater Denton Wise County Association of Realtors
- NetWorkz Business Networking
- CCAR – Collin County Association of Realtors
- GLAR – Greater Lewisville Association of Realtors